Thursday, August 19, 2004

What Really Matters in Chennai ? (Bus & Water)

Recently I got a job in a Software Company that is situated in Chennai. In the beginning I was staying with my friend, Barubo, in Velachery (I dont know how many of you know about that place). The company in which I am working is situated in Nungambakkam, which is in the heart of the city. The only commutating mode that was economical for me was Bus. In order to reach my company at 9:00 a.m, I had to start by 7:00 am from the flat. You might be thinking, "Is that 2:00 hrs journey?". Its not, If I start at 7:00 I used to stand during the whole journey because every seat gets occupied before the bus reaches my stop. If I start after 7:00 the story is different, I had to struggle in the bus which is crowded with school goers. Once I get out of the bus I feel like taking bath once again. Thank God that Software Companies provide A/C rooms. I wonder, how those people manage, who dont have such facility? The return journeys were even horrible. As I was very new to this big city, I found it very difficult to find out where the bus has reached within the crowded bus. I get completely exhausted when I am back in my apartment.

After struggling with bus, I shifted to Nungambakkam. The present room in which I stay is 15 mins walk from my company. I was happy that here after I can forget bus. Happiness went off as water in the bore well got drained out. Now after paying a huge amount in advance and there are three other fellows who share the room with me, I dont know what should I do? I have to wait in a very long queue carrying pot for a chance to use the Government pump. Even in my busy schedule I manage to pump some water out of the bore well, releasing most of my energy, which is already been sucked out by the workload in the company.

Nature is playing very hard with Chennai People. What people expect from God?? Few drops of rain. Will God respond? Pray to god so that, he may shower us with rain water.

2 Comments:

At December 21, 2004 at 4:33 PM, Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said...

Oye Noorul !!!

not only Chennai man... even blore has started to suffer from such a sudden explosion of population.. which is esp due to the s/w industry.

i'm not just blaming on ourselves.. just letting you know whatz the reason.

its right to for the S/W giants to move into other cities which have the connectivity and features as a metro/capital.

nyways.. there arent more blogs of urs ? what happened.. got boared off ?

 
At February 24, 2005 at 2:38 PM, Blogger reetuashwin said...

i have read this blog for the 2nd time now..felt like commenting..

So u r still (from the day u posted this blog till today i am commenting ;-)) pumping water that too in morning....aaaah..think u r having a gr8 time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home